Make this creamy chocolate mousse recipe that
tastes rich and luscious. Simply whip together a few ingredients and
you have a fabulous dessert. It is a recipe to indulge in and
straightforward to prepare.
The eggs are beaten
before being mixed with the other ingredients to get a light and fluffy
yet very rich dessert. It is almost like a chocolate pudding in case
you have never made this recipe before.
Medium chilled bowl
Medium size saucepan
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 package (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks with mixer on high speed about 3 minutes or until thick. It will be lemon colored.
- Gradually add sugar and beat.
- In medium size saucepan, heat 1 cup whipping cream over medium heat until hot.
- Slowly stir half of the hot whipping cream into egg mixture.
- Pour back into hot cream in saucepan and stir.
- Cook about 5 minutes on low heat, stirring constantly until it thickens but do not boil.
- Add chocolate chips until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- Stir occasionally.
- In a chilled medium bowl, beat 1 1/2 cups whipping cream with mixer on high speed until stiff.
- Fold chocolate mixture into whipped cream.
- Spoon mixture into serving bowls.
- Refrigerate any left over desserts immediately.
Home > Chocolate Recipes > Chocolate Mousse