This chocolate cupcake recipe is easy to make
and the cupcakes are delicious – satisfying both children and adults.
They are irresistible with bright decorations on top and will have
everyone eager to taste.
Allow about 20 minutes for preparation time.
Paper baking cups
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup baking cocoa
1 cup water
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Put paper baking cups in muffin pan.
- Beat main ingredients in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fill each cup 1/2 full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle of cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack.
- Cool completely for about 30 minutes.
- Spread top with frosting.
- Sprinkle with colored candies.
- Serve on a fancy platter or tray.
Home > Chocolate Recipes > Chocolate Cupcakes