Classic Chocolate Brownies
Homemade chocolate brownies are always greatly
appreciated. They are some of the easiest squares to bake and there are
many variations to the basic recipe. So, enjoy!
8 or 9 inch square baking pan
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°F/180°C.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Melt butter, then stir in cocoa powder until blended. Set mixture aside.
- Beat eggs until fluffy and light.
- Add sugar gradually.
- Stir in the chocolate mixture.
- Sift flour over top and fold into mixture.
- If using nuts, fold in now.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan.
for 30-35 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Be careful not to over bake. Brownies are best when “moist,” not dried
- Cool in pan.
About 16 brownies.
Icing or glaze:
Cover brownies mixing these ingredients:
2/3 cups powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
4 teaspoons hot water
Home > Chocolate Recipes > Chocolate Brownies